Sign in or
Know more about Joe Mantegna?
Add what you know to his page by using the "EasyEdit" button.
- Joe Mantegna plays David Rossi
- Official Website
- Official Twitter
- Taste Chicago - Website of Joe Mantegna's Restaurant
- Collect Joe Mantegna Photos
Birthday: November 13, 1947 (current age 65)
Birthplace: Chicago, IL
Height: 5' 11"
Status: Married with two children
Joe Mantegna has been a working actor for four decades, evolving into a producer, writer and director. Born and raised around Chicago, Mantegna had already been working consistently in film and television when he starred in fellow Chicagoan David Mamet's first movie, "House of Games." Since then they have gone on to work together on many other films, including "Lakeboat," which Mamet wrote and Mantegna directed, "Redbelt," to be released in 2008.
Mantegna has starred in countless other films, including "Searching for Bobby Fischer," "Bugsy," "Forget Paris," "Up Close &amp Personal," "The Godfather Part III." He's also been featured in television series such as "Soap," "First Mondays," "Kim Possible" and "Joan of Arcadia," and the television movies "Spenser: Small Vices," "The Rat Pack" (as Dean Martin), "The Last Don," "The Last Don II" and "A Very Married Christmas." He also has done a few voices for animation, the most well-known one being "Fat Tony" on "The Simpsons." A role which he recently reprised for the motion picture version.He also starred in Cars 2 as a Gremlin named "Grem". He also suffers from Bell's Palsy which gives him his characteristic "lopsided" smile.
- Joe Mantegna's daughter, Gina Mantegna, guest-starred in Episode 3x12 "3rd Life" as Lindsey.
- Joe's fave food is Italian beef
- Joe has a daughter with autism
- Joe was in a band called The Apocryphals
- On April 29th, Joe Mantegna got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Joe Mantegna is a cat person, he and his cat Juliet were on a cover of a Cat Fancy magazine.
- He has honorary doctorate of psychology
- Joe Mantega is a fan of NFL team Chicago Bears. Mantegna became the eighth winner of the Super Sage Award, which goes to the celebrity who picks the winning Super Bowl team and comes closest to the actual final score.
- Joe Mantegna has a dog named Cooch.
- Joe Mantegna's wife is a cook at Taste Chicago
- Many celebrities visit Taste Chicago
- The only time Joe Mantegna ever sang was in the movie "The Rat Pack" and the song was "Hey There"
- Joe celebrated his birthday on November 10 for 16 years, one day he asked for his birth certificate and his mother told him his birthday was really on November 13.
In the News:
- Mantegna Talks about the Origin of his Character, David Rossi (11/7/07 - Buddy TV.com)
See Also: Joe Mantegna | Thomas Gibson | AJ Cook | Shemar Moore | Matthew Gray Gubler | Kirsten Vangsness | Rachel Nichols | Mandy Patinkin (Former) | Lola Glaudini (Former) | Paget Brewster (Former) |
Latest page update: made by DerekMorganIsHot
, May 17 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DerekMorganIsHot
1 word added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Kundryathalia||Augurissimi!!!!Heppy birthday!!||1||Nov 14 2012, 8:57 AM EST by Apolline|
Thread started: Nov 13 2012, 1:38 AM EST Watch
auguri a DAvide,auguri a Giuseppe Antonio...auguri di cuore!!!
Brav'uomo,bellissimo uomo....nonstante sia nrl suo 65esimo anniversario!!!!
|Jason_Gideon_1561||lopsided smile.||15||Nov 11 2012, 3:54 AM EST by Kundryathalia|
Thread started: Jul 14 2011, 7:07 AM EDT Watch
I've always wondered why his smile looked crooked. Not that I'm making fun of him, I like his smile and all but.... i was just wondering why compared to the other actors, his smile is crooked.
|dumbshtnick||WHERE DID GIDEON GO? (page: 1 2)||28||Oct 12 2012, 1:16 PM EDT by Kundryathalia|
Thread started: Dec 3 2007, 8:20 AM EST Watch
Ok.... I missed a few shows while in Europe... I come back and this imbicile has replaced Gideon? Why does this man solve every crime without any clues or help? He looks at the perp....WHEN WE DONT EVEN KNOW HES A VITAL ROLE TO THE EPISODE YET...and gives him the shake down...guess what? Hey, surprise, Rossi caught the bad guy all on his own again without any help. QUIT BEFORE U RUIN THIS SHOW ANY MORE. PLEASE.... for the love of god QUIT
Showing 3 of 12 threads for this page - view all