Sign in or
Know more about Kirsten Vangsness?
Add what you know to her page by using the "EasyEdit" button.
Birthday: July 7, 1972 (current age 41)
Birthplace: Pasadena, CA
She is 50% Norwegian. Her father is from Norway and her mother is of Italian ancestry. Kirsten graduated from California State University Fullerton Theatre & Dance Dept.Her day jobs included a substitute teacher, a child counselor, a restaurant hostess, a personal assistant, a grant writer, and a murder mystery dinner theater actress. Her first paid acting job was for a Diet Dr. Pepper commercial.She is a solo performer and her writing has been published in the Los Angeles Times Magazine.
Awards: 15 Minutes of Female Best Actress Award, the Los Angeles Drama Critics Award for Best Emerging Comic Actress, the Golden Betty Award
Spouse/Significant Other: Melanie Goldstein (Engaged, November 2008)
A highly acclaimed theatrical performer, Kirsten Vangsness is currently a member of Theatre of Note in Hollywood, California. Her character, Garcia, was originally introduced in a recurring capacity, but Vangsness was quickly added to the main cast during the first season. In addition to her role on Criminal Minds, she has appeared in the series "LAX" and "Phil of the Future."
- Was the 2005 recipient of the LA Drama Critics Circle Natalie Shafer Award for: Best Emerging Comedic Actress. Also the 15 Minutes of Fem Best Actress Award, and a Garland Award for best actress for the West Coast premiere of Neil LaBute's Fat Pig at the Geffen Playhouse.
- Was made a series regular on Criminal Minds in early 2006 after she guest starred in several episodes.
- Produced the play "The Learned Ladies" by Moliere for the Theatre of NOTE in Hollywood, CA.Other plays include Maroo Montrose in "The Fan Maroo" 2004, Played Oxana in the David Sedaris & Amy Sedaris play "Book of the Liz", and performaned in the play Spider Bites and played Mary Van Norman in "A Mulholland Christmas Carol" 2005.
- She has been a grant writer, personal assistant, restaurant hostess, and child counselor.
- Her first paid acting job was a Diet Dr. Pepper commercial.
- She is a fan of The Office.
- Is a proclaimed Lesbian. (Her fiancee is named Melanie Goldstein and are planning to marry in 2013).
- Has the same relationship with Shemar Moore in real life as her character,'Penelope' does with his character, 'Derek Morgan'
- 2013 saw her on stage as the touch-singing femme fatale, Mona Livingston in a Bill Robens critically acclaimed film noir spoof called Kill Me, Deadly.
- Kirsten writes plays and performance art pieces for the Los Angels area. "Mess", played to a sell out audience.
- Her other additions to acting include season 3 of the weirdly wonderful web series Pretty, and season 2 of the web series Vampire Mob. Film appearances are The A - List (2006) Scream of the Bikini (2009), The character Madge In My Sleep (2010) and The Chicago 8 (2011)
I am always sort of delightedly surprised when someone recognizes me because as far as I'm concerned, I'm just going to work and getting paid to act and that alone is fantastic, I forget people watch it too. ( From an Interview with Style Bible, September 2010.)
See Also: Joe Mantegna | Thomas Gibson | AJ Cook | Shemar Moore | Matthew Gray Gubler | Kirsten Vangsness | Rachel Nichols | Mandy Patinkin (Former) | Lola Glaudini (Former) | Paget Brewster (Former) |
Latest page update: made by bellswebster
, Nov 22 2013, 6:15 AM EST
(about this update
About This Update
added up to date info on Kirsten Vagsness
297 words added
31 words deleted
1 image added
1 image deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.