Sign in or
Know more about Mandy Patinkin?
Add what you know to his page by using the "EasyEdit" button.
Birthday: November 30, 1952
Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois
Where he lives now:
Status: Married to Kathryn Grody since 1980 with 2 sons, Isaac and Gideon
Big Break: Chicago Hope
Other Acting Roles:
His first real break in to show business was when he played Che in Evita on Broadway in 1979. He went on to win a Tony Award for that role. After this initial musical theater success he moved to film, playing a number of small parts in movies such as Yentl and Ragtime, before returning to Broadway in 1984 to star in Sunday in the Park with George, which saw him earn another Tony Award nomination. He appeared in various movies such as "Dick Tracy" and Alien Nation, on Broadway in The Secret Garden, and released two solo albums called Mandy Patinkin (1989) and Dress Casual (1990). Those not familiar with most of his musical work may remember him in The Princess Bride, where, as Inigo Montoya, he uttered the famous words: "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." He also portrayed Huxley in Elmo in Grouchland.
In 1994 he appeared on the small screen as Dr. Jeffrey Geiger on Chicago Hope and won an Emmy Award. Even though the show was a success, Mandy left the show partway through the second season citing Creative Differences.
Mandy attended Kenwood High School, University of Kansas and Juilliard School of Drama.
- Why Mandy pulled the plug on Criminal Minds, Herald Sun (Australia) - August 6th, 2009.
- Before he and Adam Arkin starred as doctors on the television show Chicago Hope, they both played doctors in the movie The Doctor in 1991.
- One of Mandy's nicknames is "The Patink".
- Mandy also helps with the "Harvard Learning From Performers" program.
- Mandy is an avid lover/collector of Lionel model trains and he continues to enjoy playing with them to this day.
- Mandy attended the University of Kansas for two years before being "discovered."
- Mandy had his left cornea replaced due to degenerative eye disease (keratoconus) in November, 1998
- Mandy has two dogs
- Many's son Gideon was named after his character on Criminal Minds
See Also: Joe Mantegna | Thomas Gibson | AJ Cook | Shemar Moore | Matthew Gray Gubler | Kirsten Vangsness | Rachel Nichols | Mandy Patinkin (Former) | Lola Glaudini (Former) | Paget Brewster (Former) |
Latest page update: made by DerekMorganIsHot
, May 17 2012, 6:43 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DerekMorganIsHot
1 word added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|GideonLover||OMG||2||Jun 18 2011, 2:44 AM EDT by garcia2829|
Thread started: Dec 6 2010, 1:58 PM EST Watch
I love Mandy Patinkin he such a genius.He makes Criminal Minds the best show to watch. But sadly he was replaced and by My favorite actor on Thinner Joe Mantegna.I love Mantegna but please come back Gideon for 1 more episode!!!!!
|jareaufan||Guess what...||6||Apr 30 2010, 1:28 PM EDT by PAGETluvsNCIS|
Thread started: May 8 2008, 11:57 AM EDT Watch
Guess what. I'm going to go see Mandy Patinkin.
Granted it's next year in March 2009, but I'm going to go see Mandy Patinkin sing with Patti LuPone.
I don't really care about the Patti LuPone part, I'm just going because it's Mandy! =]
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page