Discussion: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?Reported This is a featured thread

Category: Discussion Forum / Cast
Showing 1 - 20 of 29  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
dumbshtnick
dumbshtnick
WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Dec 3 2007, 8:20 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 3 2007, 8:20 AM EST
Ok.... I missed a few shows while in Europe... I come back and this imbicile has replaced Gideon? Why does this man solve every crime without any clues or help? He looks at the perp....WHEN WE DONT EVEN KNOW HES A VITAL ROLE TO THE EPISODE YET...and gives him the shake down...guess what? Hey, surprise, Rossi caught the bad guy all on his own again without any help. QUIT BEFORE U RUIN THIS SHOW ANY MORE. PLEASE.... for the love of god QUIT 14  out of 65 found this valuable. Do you?    
#1hotchfan
#1hotchfan
1. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Dec 3 2007, 8:26 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 3 2007, 8:26 AM EST
Gideon left; Mandy Patinkin asked to be released from his contract citing Creative Differences - he left of his own accord...

Rossi is meant to fill the gap left by MP's abrupt departure, however, he is not meant to be a replacement of the character of Gideon. He is playing his own character and right now, people are 50/50 on him. I think he's bringing out something different in each team member and helping them to grow and also, he is slowly growing on people. I know I'm getting used to him.
28  out of 38 found this valuable. Do you?    
jareaufan
jareaufan
2. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Dec 3 2007, 11:42 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 3 2007, 11:42 AM EST
"Gideon left; Mandy Patinkin asked to be released from his contract citing Creative Differences - he left of his own accord...

Rossi is meant to fill the gap left by MP's abrupt departure, however, he is not meant to be a replacement of the character of Gideon. He is playing his own character and right now, people are 50/50 on him. I think he's bringing out something different in each team member and helping them to grow and also, he is slowly growing on people. I know I'm getting used to him. "
Truly. He's also supposed to be a bit iffy to warm to.
9  out of 15 found this valuable. Do you?    

mjla
3. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Dec 11 2007, 1:33 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2007, 1:33 PM EST
I think you need to calm down about the new character (Rossi). I will admit the first episode of him in it wasn't good. The episodes following that isn't so bad anymore. The way i view it now (which has changed dramatically) I think we all should give him a chance for his character to develop. We shouldn't really judge him when he hasn't even been on for one whole season......give him that much than if you haven't changed your mind then thats fine, you can continue to say that you want him gone. 8  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

jackjoesociapath
4. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Apr 2 2010, 6:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 2 2010, 6:51 PM EDT
you all kinda miss the point of the Hollywood formula, it is in your best interest to have an initial character seem "not good" to you. Uncomfortable. Because your desire to get comfortable requires of you exactly that, as in the first episode with "M.P." As in his first roll, MMortalis PProportionist, the best by far, he explains why you must die, in coordinance with his "Creative Difference." 'Sleep Well, Patiently". 2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
PAGETluvsNCIS
PAGETluvsNCIS
5. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Apr 29 2010, 10:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 29 2010, 10:03 AM EDT
I'd like for him to come back for the show finale(It'd be great if he saw that Reid needed him THEN and THERE and he just appeared) Have you seen any recent photo's of him? It's horroriable! I wanted to scream "Gidoen, get that hairy thing off of you face!"

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killked my fater, prepare to die
5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

hurricanehorse
6. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
May 14 2010, 8:01 AM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2010, 8:01 AM EDT
I am a MP fan and have been for years, but he left and lett abruptly as is his way. I did not like Gidion. He was a pain. He kept forgetting who the head of the team was. An incidents like telling Garcia that she was stupid when she used her pc for gaming and then was later responsible for Elle geting shot, what was his response? "She'll understand I was doing my job." Apparently she didn't. Always justifying himself. Rossi does't challenge Hotch except as a friend. I have always been a Joe M fan and always will. 9  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
i_love_reid
i_love_reid
7. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
May 14 2010, 9:11 AM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2010, 9:11 AM EDT
He left, but I was sad when he did because gideon left because he couldn't handle it because he kept seeing his girlfriend everywhere when they were on a case and so he wrote a letter to reid, and left it in his cabin along with his gun and his badge. and in the next episode, when Gideon didn't show up,m the team got worried and called him and stuff, but didn't know where he was. So, in the end of that episode, it shows reid (he he) going to his cabin and walking and finding the letter and gun and badge and the it shows Gideon at a diner getting cofee or something and then leaving to go some where.
i seriously think they should bring him back, just as a cameo, though, you knw, like meet him up at a case or something. I think that would be cool.(:
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

hurricanehorse
8. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
May 14 2010, 11:49 AM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2010, 11:49 AM EDT
"He left, but I was sad when he did because gideon left because he couldn't handle it because he kept seeing his girlfriend everywhere when they were on a case and so he wrote a letter to reid, and left it in his cabin along with his gun and his badge. and in the next episode, when Gideon didn't show up,m the team got worried and called him and stuff, but didn't know where he was. So, in the end of that episode, it shows reid (he he) going to his cabin and walking and finding the letter and gun and badge and the it shows Gideon at a diner getting cofee or something and then leaving to go some where.
i seriously think they should bring him back, just as a cameo, though, you knw, like meet him up at a case or something. I think that would be cool.(:"
I've seen Gideon's last ep and the ones leading up to it. But the character of Gideon left because Mandy left, not the other way around. Mandy did the same with Chicago Hope. He is a magnificent actor as he againg showed on Three Rivers a dying patient
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
ReidLover12
ReidLover12
9. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
May 14 2010, 12:23 PM EDT | Post edited: May 14 2010, 12:23 PM EDT
He only left a note for Reid and he left b/c he was doubting his abilities Rossi replaces him. and he is just not Gideon 3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

notyouderek
10. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Feb 6 2011, 2:49 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2011, 2:49 AM EST
what the hell i want to know why did he go not on the show but why did he leave did he die died his mom die just tell me WHY HE LEFT IN REEL LIFE PLEZ PLEZ PLEZ PLEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thank you 0  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
magicpowers
magicpowers
11. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Feb 6 2011, 6:06 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2011, 6:06 AM EST
You sound just like I did!!!!!!!!! I kept asking why did Mandy Patinkin (NOT GIDEON) leave Criminal minds????? And I kept getting answers like the blood & gore was too much for him & I'd get very frustrated, like DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT???The ACTOR, not the character. Finally, someone said MANDY Pantinkin felt the show was getting too graphic, too bloody, violent, whatever.

I thought, well, geez, what'd he expect, it IS a show about serial killers & what not. But it is also a show primarily about profilers, profiling, etc. Ilove MP, have for long time. I was so excited when I first heard a show about profilers was coming out, then that Mandy would star! I miss him, I miss Gideon, but I've also always liked Joe Mantegna & I grew to like Rossi (took a little while). someone msg. me that MP is doing a stellar performance in a play on Broadway. He is s Shakespearean trained actor & an opera (i believe operatic) singer.

I hope this helps, I went thru same thing for years!!!!!
7  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    

lolyncut
12. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Feb 6 2011, 8:23 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2011, 4:23 PM EST
I really didn't like Gideon-too egotistical and condescending. Yes, Mandy Patinkin is a broadway star. He won a Tony for "Sunday in the Park with George." A great singer, but it seems every show he was on, he left after 2-3 years. As for Rossi. I love his dry sense of humor. 5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
magicpowers
magicpowers
13. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Feb 6 2011, 12:15 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2011, 12:15 PM EST
He left Chicago Hope. He did come back. Any other shows he left? Just curious? 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

bluesunflower
14. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Feb 6 2011, 7:41 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2011, 7:45 PM EST
"An incidents like telling Garcia that she was stupid when she used her pc for gaming and then was later responsible for Elle geting shot, what was his response? "She'll understand I was doing my job.""
I don't mind about Garcia - that *was* stupid. But as to the Elle thing? Gideon did the EXACT same thing when Reid was killed by Raphael. Three times Gideon made decisions that ended up disasterously - the 6 killed pre-CM (which sent him on sabbatical); talking to the media (which got Elle shot); and interrupting the video downloads (which got Reid "killed"). After I realized that, I couldn't really find it in my heart to like his character much, although I had liked him when I first started watching the show.

He just seemed so smart, yet all these decisions he made always ended up being the wrong ones.
6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
magicpowers
magicpowers
15. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Feb 7 2011, 6:58 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2011, 6:58 AM EST
I NEVER understood why Elle blamed Hotch & not Gideon for breaking the "rules'.

I was also mad at Gideon for cutting the feed or whatever that nearly got Reid killed. Taunting the unsub sometimes worked, like in Broken Mirror, but when your agents lives are in your hands. Ya think he'd learned or at least been hypervigilant after being "responsible" ( I know Bale WAS responsible) for blowing up 6 former agents.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

hallee
16. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Feb 16 2012, 12:00 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 16 2012, 12:00 AM EST
I agree with you!!! I like MP but his character annoyed me! That episode of him telling Garcia she was stupid and then justifying his reason when Elle got shot annoyed me!!!!! I have always liked Joe!!! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

LorrainePataBavaro
17. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Aug 30 2012, 10:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 30 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
I really miss Gideon. I didn't like Rossi at all., Now I realize they all together are actually a family. When jj left. I stopped watci the show. My mistake. I love the whe team. Now I'm watching what I missed 0  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

slsams
18. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Aug 30 2012, 2:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 30 2012, 2:13 PM EDT
Although Gideon was never my favorite CM character, I continue to wonder where he is, and what he is doing. If this show were actually "real", I would hope that he stayed in touch with Reid, but since (on this unreal show) Reid never mentions hearing from Gideon, I have to wonder if he just dropped out of everyone's life.
(I have trouble sometimes, remembering that the characters do what they do because of the writers, not because they are real people.) I wish at some point we could know that Gideon is well and happy somewhere, and that he stays in touch with Reid.
2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

tannerose5
19. RE: WHERE DID GIDEON GO?
Sep 13 2012, 3:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 13 2012, 3:23 AM EDT
I found this a few days ago. I really didn't like Gideon on the show. Now, I REALLY don't like him. He said he didn't know the show was going to be so violent. Did he not read the scripts? He just didn't show up to the season three table reading. That could have cost people their jobs. And why bring it up now?
Here's one of the many links to this subject.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/mandy-patinkin-criminal-minds-departure_n_1874871.html
7  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)