Discussion: what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenway)Reported This is a featured thread

Category: Discussion Forum / Cast
Showing 1 - 11 of 11  |  Show  posts at a time
ILuvdoktorREID
ILuvdoktorREID
what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenway)
Aug 29 2010, 10:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 29 2010, 10:02 PM EDT
#1: I was wondering why Lola (the actress who played Elle Greenway) is only on the first 2 seasons? anyone know whats up with that?
...Dont get me wrong I love Paget just wondering what happened?

Then I also would like to know why Mandy P. isn't on anymore either he left in he beginning of season 3 & I loved his character!!
...I love SSA Rossi too though! Just wish Lola & Mandy could come back as guest spots. Would Love for SSA GIDEON to come back & join the rest of the team :)

NOW I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH THEIR CHARACTERS ON THE SHOW BUT I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THE REAL- LIFE SITUATION OF IT!!!
So If anyone knows what happened I would love to find out!! Thanks!
13  out of 20 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: bau criminal minds Glossary
Bambilittlebaby
Bambilittlebaby
1. RE: what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenway)
Aug 29 2010, 11:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 29 2010, 11:14 PM EDT
I hope this helps:
As to why Lola left, she lived in New York and didn't like it in LA at all so she went back home to do theater. Ed Bernero said it was a mutual decision as they were looking for a way to shake the cast up a bit.

CBS said Mandy left for personal reasons., but there is no further explanation.

I was never that crazy about Lola but I didn't like the way they got rid of her. It really made me dislike her character. I do wish Mandy would return, I miss him :(
10  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
bela516
bela516
2. RE: what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenway)
Aug 31 2010, 2:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 31 2010, 2:36 AM EDT
From Wikipedia:

Patinkin was absent from a table read for Criminal Minds and did not return for a third season.[7] The departure from the show was not due to contractual or salary matters, but over creative differences.[1][8] Many weeks before his departure, in a videotaped interview carried in the online magazine Monaco Revue, Patinkin told journalists at the Festival de Télévision de Monte-Carlo that he loathed violence on television and was uncomfortable with certain scenes in Criminal Minds. He also spoke of having planned to tour the world with a musical and wanting to inject more comedy into the entertainment business.[9] In later episodes during the 2007-2008 season, Patinkin's character was written out of the series and was replaced by Special Agent David Rossi, played by Joe Mantegna.

Me here: He also left Chicago Hope during the second season to spend more time with family.

I guess some actors like to bounce around more than others. Seems he does a lot of different things such as recording music and stage acting so he keeps busy.
9  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

ya'arDanYAH
3. RE: what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenway)
Oct 16 2010, 11:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
my first love was Spence,but my affection for Morgan was merely a heartbeat away/the only one of the broads i even noticed at first was Garcia (because she is such an amazing character-plus i have a similar wardrobe). however,being here has me thinking alot more about the cast & im starting to realize how very much i dig Elle. shes great,actually. 1  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
woskxn4848
woskxn4848
4. RE: what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenway)
Aug 10 2011, 1:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 10 2011, 1:59 PM EDT
"#1: I was wondering why Lola (the actress who played Elle Greenway) is only on the first 2 seasons? anyone know whats up with that?
...Dont get me wrong I love Paget just wondering what happened?

Then I also would like to know why Mandy P. isn't on anymore either he left in he beginning of season 3 & I loved his character!!
...I love SSA Rossi too though! Just wish Lola & Mandy could come back as guest spots. Would Love for SSA GIDEON to come back & join the rest of the team :)

NOW I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH THEIR CHARACTERS ON THE SHOW BUT I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THE REAL- LIFE SITUATION OF IT!!!
So If anyone knows what happened I would love to find out!! Thanks!"
i have no idea about lola, but mandy left because he is kind of a method actor, and all of the stuff in the show finaly got to him. he had like a mental break-down or something. according to an MGG interview.
3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
Criminalminds24/7
Criminalminds24/7
5. RE: what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenway)
Aug 10 2011, 6:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 10 2011, 6:33 PM EDT
I read all about it . I read an interview with Ed Bernero or maybe it was Erica Messer but i forget .

Anyway the reason Mandy left is because he believed that it was wrong that people watched these shows and liked them for how twisted they are which made ME mad . I just feel like he is calling us freaks or something but whatever its not a big deal .

Lola Glaudini left because the producers wanted to try something different . They wanted to change it up . And they wanted too make a good story line about it . Which i guess it was pretty good .

Thats what i know about it . I read it in some article somewhere
[:[:[:[:[:[:[:[:
2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rossi#1Fan
Rossi#1Fan
6. RE: what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenway)
Aug 11 2011, 4:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 11 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
The reason Mandy left was because he didn't want to become the character he portrayed. I watched and interview about that. If anyone says anything like because he didn't like the cast or anything like that, it's not true.(People say that for real) and by the way when Mandy left it made Shemar really pissed!!(Again an interview) 2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Dr.Joan
Dr.Joan
7. RE: what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenwa
Aug 18 2011, 10:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 18 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
Jason Gideon and David Rossi are total different characters (always talking about the show). Seeing the team from a general perspective, each member has a strong qualification, a weakness and something to fear of. Obviously these couldn't be the same for both. When the audience gets used to a calm and highly emotional leader, of course he will be missed upon his absence.
Now, if we compare Elle and Prentiss, I think we get the missing "emotional" part with Emily to a degree.
I've never missed an episode since the beginning and I still can't get used to Rossi sometimes. That doesn't mean I don't like him. On the other hand, Prentiss is awesome while Elle was almost unoticeable, in my opinion.
4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
GraciesOnThePage
GraciesOnThePage
8. RE: what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenway)
Nov 25 2011, 3:32 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2011, 3:32 AM EST
You and me both. One of these fine days when the producers determine they'd like to make a zillion dollars, they will come up with a story line that affects everyone and then we will see them all again. I would love a story line that goes on for three or four episodes, and one that brings the whole gang back under the same roof. If Frank hadn't kissed a train, that would have been a good idea to get something rolling, but I think you guys know what I mean. Gideon and Elle will be back when the money is lucrative and can't be passed up. Yes, I believe that. I have never seen where either Mandy or Lola said they would not do this, and I have seen where they've said it depends and they're willing to look at the ideas. So it would require a good story line and a whole lot of money. 0  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
jadelinne_CM
jadelinne_CM
9. RE: what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenway)
Mar 21 2012, 12:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 21 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
Lola left because she was unhappy in LA and wanted to mover back to the East Coast, and Mandy left because "he loathed violence on television and was uncomfortable with certain scenes in Criminal Minds."
Well., that's what happened according to Wikipedia...
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

jxsmommy
10. RE: what happened with Mandy P.(Jason Gideon) & Lola G.( Elle Greenway)
Mar 24 2012, 7:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 24 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
"Anyway the reason Mandy left is because he believed that it was wrong that people watched these shows and liked them for how twisted they are which made ME mad . I just feel like he is calling us freaks or something but whatever its not a big deal ."
I may be wrong, but I don't think he meant it that way. I read an interview he did and he did say that he was uncomfortable with the direction that the show was taking. It was becoming more violent and gorey. I took it more as he thought it was wrong that people liked the show and others like it just for the violence and disturbing things they depict. I can't speak for everyone, but I watch the show for the complete package (characters, plot, eye candy :P). I do find some of the things depicted to be very disturbing and just plain sick, but that's because I know that there are people out there like the unsubs depicted on the show. Many, if not all, of the unsubs are based on real serial killers or a combination of various ones. Anyway I know it's an old post, but those are my two cents ;)
6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)