Discussion: What about Reid's Headaches?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 13 of 13  |  Show  posts at a time
reidsgirl4
reidsgirl4
What about Reid's Headaches?
Jan 30 2011, 12:14 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2011, 12:14 PM EST
I was a little baffled when I didn't see anything in the newest episode following up to reid's headaches/hallucinations.
Was there something in there that I missed?
Anybody wanna just add some input, please reply.
I know this is kind of a stupid topic, I was just really excited to see what would happen to him, and a little disappointed when they didn't say anything about it.
12  out of 16 found this valuable. Do you?    
Extreme-Aggressor
Extreme-Aggressor
1. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Jan 30 2011, 1:39 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2011, 1:39 PM EST
It's not a stupid topic at all! I was really annoyed when nothing happened about it! It's been driving me crazy all week and then they didn't do anything. And I was watching Reid when he was in the background and he was completely normal, not even holding his head or anything small like that! All I know is is that the synopsis says its something about his genetic past and that this season is about secrets so whatever it is we haven't seen the last of it! I just hope they bring it up next week! Poor little Reid! =[ 5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
reidsgirl4
reidsgirl4
2. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Jan 30 2011, 1:57 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2011, 1:57 PM EST
And yeah... In a synopsis I read it said
''headaches that will leave him fearing for his health in the next episode''
That really got me thinking about what would happen.
And honestly, I agree. It will most likely pop up during the season. Especially seeing as how there hasn't really been any closure to the problem.
5  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
ILoveSexyDr.Reid
ILoveSexyDr.Reid
3. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Feb 2 2011, 11:46 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 2 2011, 11:46 AM EST
Oh it abolsutely has to come back! The writers can't leave us hanging like that, nor would they. I too was extremely let down with the continuity fail. I was watching 6x12, almost having a heart attack from the epicness, then 6x13 I was all hyped up wondering how they're going to convey it. Now that it's been revealed there HAS to be something. Some inkling of a reference to it. Maybe a team member will ask him if he's okay. Maybe he will be quiet and not quite himself. Maybe he will be absent for a part of the episode. Then NOTHING.

This leads me to think that perhaps the headaches will be sporadic? They can't just stop dead. if anything, I do strongly believe that the writers have to put this subplot on hold while they deal with the departure of Prentiss. So freak out the fans and introduce the possibility in 6x12, go on hiatus, 6x13 through 6x16 (my guess since Rick Dunkle confirmed on his Twitter that 6x16 is called "Coda"- meaning "concluding section/part") deal with the plot of Emily Prentiss leaving, 6x17 on, return to the subplot introduced like 5 episodes ago and maybe finish it up. Or just give us another cliffhanger.
1  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
SiniZ
SiniZ
4. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Feb 3 2011, 10:19 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 3 2011, 10:19 AM EST
Like his drug addiction. Forget it and then remember a season later, but even then he had a few episodes to talk about it. grr 4  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
Cailinfia
Cailinfia
5. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Feb 3 2011, 12:52 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 3 2011, 12:52 PM EST
Maybe the writers want people to think more about Prentiss's story line for a few episodes. Reid's story is in the back of our minds, but Prentiss is center. Just think, his story arc could be one for their season cliff hangers this season, who knows? 2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
Extreme-Aggressor
Extreme-Aggressor
6. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Feb 9 2011, 4:56 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2011, 4:56 AM EST
Yeah I suppose they do have to focus more on Prentiss seen as what's going on but they should have Reid just doing something small in the back round, just because they're focusing on Prentiss right now doesn't mean Reid's head aches should just disappear. It would be awesome if they made it into a cliffhanger, we've never had a Reid centric season cliffhanger, but I for one really couldn't take the mental torture of having to wait a whole summer to find out what happens to him! 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SiniZ
SiniZ
7. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Feb 9 2011, 7:38 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2011, 7:38 AM EST
Just because prentiss is more important now doesnt mean that they should drop it completely. Was it that hard for him to rub his head or something in the episode 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
ILoveSexyDr.Reid
ILoveSexyDr.Reid
8. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Feb 9 2011, 11:46 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2011, 11:46 AM EST
Ok my mistake. Emily's last episode is NOT 6x16 "Coda", because that airs on 2/23 and her last is 3/16 (from the e-mail about PB and AJ day) although I still stand by my theory. I agree that they should have had some tidbit like him holding his head or flinching or SOMETHING, but perhaps they're putting this on the backburner because they don't want to cheat Prentiss out of her departure. Like her grand exit would be sullied by other thoughts in our heads.

I hope to God they don't make it the cliffhanger. I CANNOT wait a whole summer to find out!!! Yet somehow I can picture him looking at a paper (him facing us so we can't see it) his eyes going wide and a gasp or something then "EXECUTIVE PRODUCER MARK GORDON"

I thought of a very depressing thing. I don't even want to say it because it's the very blackest form of blasphemy... but if the crew or CBS want the show to commit suicide, maybe to devote time to the spin-off, they would give Reid schizophrenia. Think about it, they got rid of JJ and are getting rid of Emily. From what I've read, a LOT of people are not watching after Emily leaves. Reid is the most popular character, and if he's gone, such a large part of viewers won't watch anymore and ratings will plummet and it won't be renewed for any more seasons.

Sorry if I just upset anybody, it upsets me too. ON THE OTHER HAND, I do strongly believe that schizophrenia is only meant to be a red herring. That all signs will point to it and there will be the scare, (which there sort of was) and then it will be something else. On the bright side, we haven't read anything about MGG leaving or his contract being cut *knock wood* and I firmly doubt that the show would pull a stupid move like that.

continued...
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
ILoveSexyDr.Reid
ILoveSexyDr.Reid
9. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Feb 9 2011, 11:48 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2011, 11:49 AM EST
continued...

Then again, I also would have thought that they wouldn't cut cast members by firing them (Lola Glaudini didn't want to live on the west coast, Mandy Patinkin couldn't take the dark content of the show anymore), and we know what became of that.

In a promo pic for 6x15 "Today I Do" one of the pics has Reid on the phone. I would expect every Reid-obsessed fan to jump to the conclusion that he is on the phone with a doctor or someone pertaining to his headaches. But that's just grasping at straws until we actually find out. It's probably Garcia or something.

Also, one main unanswered question. WHAT BECAME OF REID'S DRUG ADDICTION? WE NEVER SAW HIS ONE-YEAR MEDALLION!!!!!!!! When I first heard about season 6 being about secrets, I hoped that that would be addressed, or at least him sitting at his desk and just looking down at it or something. My friend who researches a lot and knows quite a bit about drug addiction will not get off the idea that he will relapse. Idk. But on 12/16 when I first saw the synopsis for 6x12 (after having a mini heart attack), I immediately went to WebMD and of the 6 possibles that came in when I put in "Hallucinations" and "Headaches - Worst Ever"

still continued... (sorry)
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
ILoveSexyDr.Reid
ILoveSexyDr.Reid
10. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Feb 9 2011, 11:50 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2011, 11:50 AM EST
continued... last one, jeez when I type, I type!

Two interested me: 1) schizophrenia and 2) narcotic abuse. The only thing that turned me away from the second one was that the synopsis says "that leaves him concerned for his health" "that causes him to worry about his health" I would think that that implies that he doesn't know what's going on (which it did). If he were using again, he would just try to hide it, he wouldn't be confused.

(Btw, if anyone is curious, the other four conditions that popped up were 3) brain aneurysm 4) epilepsy 5) vitamin B12 deficiency 6) barbiturate abuse. I had ruled these out. OMG I'M PROFILING LOL ^.^ )

If you made it through my tome, thank you very much. These are the things that are bouncing around my head.
2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
reidforevs162
reidforevs162
11. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Feb 9 2011, 12:12 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2011, 12:12 PM EST
I know, he was in like 2 episodes of 6.13 but someone said that its because MGG had to go to japan or something so that they filmed his scenes early. I totally think that the headaches could be misleading becuase It seems that everyone is jumping to the topic of schitzophrenia and that its the obvious assumption. I reid the summary for Coda and it seems like this may be a reid-centric episode, where they will have to say something about his headaches if its reid-centric. Also, totally random but i think he has never looked better than this season! I love the hair and how hes like more musculary! he looks so good! they can't make him look so amazing and then just cut him out next season! that wouldn't be fair! ;) lol 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Silver_Storm
Silver_Storm
12. RE: What about Reid's Headaches?
Feb 9 2011, 2:21 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2011, 2:21 PM EST
" I reid the summary for Coda"
Did you notice you typed reid instead of read?
I can see what you are thinking about. I have been doing the same thing :)

I really hope they get back to the headaches, and bringing up his past drug addiction would be nice too. Because realistically things like that would come into play if it was real. And every time they make writing choices that force things a certain way like just dropping the Reid plot from Corazon, it makes me come out of watching it and remember it is just a show, but good stories should keep us engaged and feel like it is real. (In my opinion)
2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)