Discussion: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss inReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 55  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 | Next
CassiopieaKitchens
CassiopieaKitchens
OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 28 2011, 4:08 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
I was just cruising my Twitter page, and it looks like Rachel Nichols is out, and Paget is back!

I just wonder how they will do it...
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
biffi
biffi
1. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 28 2011, 4:24 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2011, 4:24 PM EDT
"I was just cruising my Twitter page, and it looks like Rachel Nichols is out, and Paget is back!

I just wonder how they will do it..."
a sickening thing to do, to an actress again on this show. I hope it gives them backlash
1  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
CassiopieaKitchens
CassiopieaKitchens
2. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 28 2011, 4:42 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
"a sickening thing to do, to an actress again on this show. I hope it gives them backlash"
I know. I mean, I didn't like the Seaver character, but really, enough with the shake-ups. JUst get back to crime-solving.

I was just excited because I am usually the LAST. PERSON. EVER. to know things...
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

bluesunflower
3. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 28 2011, 6:38 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2011, 6:53 PM EDT
"I hope it gives them backlash"
I doubt it. She wasn't accepted, and it's not like it's a shock she's gone. This isn't a case where either a beloved character was sent off for no reason (JJ/Prentiss) or an established actor getting the boot (RN only came on in the middle of S6, she hasn't been around long enough).

Rachel's the low man on the totem pole. With Paget back, the cast is full at 6, and even fuller when Thomas re-signs. The whole reason this whole mess started in the first place was CBS' attempting to save money. Keeping an extra full-cast member - particularly one that's not well received - is what makes no sense. Rachel most saw this coming, or at least knew it was a distinct possibility. She basically had to hope *Paget* got 100% fired in order for her to keep her job.
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
biffi
biffi
4. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 28 2011, 8:30 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
still think this is such a classless act of the network to do this. Why couldn't they keep all of them. I am sad that this shake up in the cast has come down on an amazing actress and person. The powers that be f'ed up by doing this now another actress gets the boot because of THEIR mistake. Ugh this network is just to bad for words. 4  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
CassiopieaKitchens
CassiopieaKitchens
5. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 28 2011, 9:06 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2011, 9:06 PM EDT
"still think this is such a classless act of the network to do this. Why couldn't they keep all of them. I am sad that this shake up in the cast has come down on an amazing actress and person. The powers that be f'ed up by doing this now another actress gets the boot because of THEIR mistake. Ugh this network is just to bad for words."
I tend to agree. I mean, like I said, I wasn't Seaver's biggest fan, but I didn't hate her, either. But I think the whole situation was totally messed up.

They got rid of JJ and Prentiss in rapid succession, and wether that was because the actresses were moving on, or because of something else, I don't know. I know that AJ Cook (JJ) did *actually* go on maternity leave last season, so it stands to reason that she was a character they could believably write off-Henry problems or something. The PB had her new, now-bust sitcom....
I think the issue was that they brought in Rachel Nichols too late, and she looked too much like JJ for us to believe that she *wasn't* a replacement, and THEN they never really developed her character-all we knew about her was that her father was a serial killer, she had bad taste in slasher flicks, and her and Rossi liked to play video games (and don't get me started on the grossness of THAT).

So that said...

It sucks when any person gets written off of a show, but I know that whatever RN does will be great, and I tweeted her and wished her the best of luck.

I hope that they had forwarned her, but according to her Twitter posts, it kind of blindsided her, which is totally unfair. Yes, in this case, CBS screwed up.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
CassiopieaKitchens
CassiopieaKitchens
6. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 28 2011, 9:07 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2011, 9:07 PM EDT
"I tend to agree. I mean, like I said, I wasn't Seaver's biggest fan, but I didn't hate her, either. But I think the whole situation was totally messed up.

They got rid of JJ and Prentiss in rapid succession, and wether that was because the actresses were moving on, or because of something else, I don't know. I know that AJ Cook (JJ) did *actually* go on maternity leave last season, so it stands to reason that she was a character they could believably write off-Henry problems or something. The PB had her new, now-bust sitcom....
I think the issue was that they brought in Rachel Nichols too late, and she looked too much like JJ for us to believe that she *wasn't* a replacement, and THEN they never really developed her character-all we knew about her was that her father was a serial killer, she had bad taste in slasher flicks, and her and Rossi liked to play video games (and don't get me started on the grossness of THAT).

So that said...

It sucks when any person gets written off of a show, but I know that whatever RN does will be great, and I tweeted her and wished her the best of luck.

I hope that they had forwarned her, but according to her Twitter posts, it kind of blindsided her, which is totally unfair. Yes, in this case, CBS screwed up."
I actually meant "too soon" there...in the part where I talk about bringing in RN. OOops, edit FAIL.
reidfan175
reidfan175
7. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 28 2011, 11:17 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2011, 11:17 PM EDT
I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. Just as Seaver was starting to grow on me, she gets kicked off the show... but I'm so glad that Paget is back!!! YIPPEE!! :) xxx 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

slsams
8. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 29 2011, 7:45 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2011, 7:45 AM EDT
Season 7 will be awesome! I am so thrilled that JJ and Prentiss will both be back. Now, all we need is Hotch back on the team. All will be right with the CM world! 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
LuvDr.Reid
LuvDr.Reid
9. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 29 2011, 8:09 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2011, 8:09 AM EDT
OMG! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!

But, yes, poor Rachel!! :(( That's sooo not fair! It's not right to kick one actress off, bring on another, not develope the character, thne kick her off when the old one comes back on. Season 6 was a mess, but I'm sure now that PAGET(!!!) is back(!!!!!!!!!!!) Season 7 will be amazing. I feel for Rachel and she is my favorite actress, but, Criminal Minds will be perfectly fine without her.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
CassiopieaKitchens
CassiopieaKitchens
10. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 29 2011, 11:30 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
"I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. Just as Seaver was starting to grow on me, she gets kicked off the show... but I'm so glad that Paget is back!!! YIPPEE!! :) xxx"
I know. I hated her in the first two eppys, and I really didn't like the undertones of romance that she had going on with Reid, but her character was finally showing some believable skill. It's really too bad that things had to go so far south before being fixed, but maybe they can bring Seaver in as a guest star.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

SSAReid
11. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 29 2011, 1:04 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
"But, yes, poor Rachel!! :(( That's sooo not fair! It's not right to kick one actress off, bring on another, not develop the character, then kick her off when the old one comes back on. Season 6 was a mess, but I'm sure now that PAGET(!!!) is back(!!!!!!!!!!!) Season 7 will be amazing. I feel for Rachel and she is my favorite actress, but, Criminal Minds will be perfectly fine without her."
I agree. Yes, I didn't like her in the first one, but she grew on me. I can only hope that CBS once again bears the brunt of their mistakes. What sucks is that her character was just starting to develop. If you ever read her blogs on menshealth.com, she can be just as funny as she is serious.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
piper1871
piper1871
12. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 29 2011, 1:23 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
As long as Gibson signs a contract all is right in the world! The team is back! I know people like Seaver and she started growing on them and I think it is great that happened. I also think it is a little bad of them to do the exact same thing to Nichols that they did to AJ, but I never really liked Seaver and I am just happy that the original team is back! Yipee!!!! 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

SSAReid
13. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 29 2011, 4:50 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2011, 4:50 PM EDT
"As long as Gibson signs a contract all is right in the world! The team is back! I know people like Seaver and she started growing on them and I think it is great that happened. I also think it is a little bad of them to do the exact same thing to Nichols that they did to AJ, but I never really liked Seaver and I am just happy that the original team is back! Yipee!!!! "
All I can hope for is that the powers to be will realize what the consequences were of writing JJ and Prentiss out of the show. While I am happy that most of the team is back, I'm also mad that Rachel Nichols was cut just when her character was starting to gain momentum.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
biffi
biffi
14. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 29 2011, 5:20 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
"All I can hope for is that the powers to be will realize what the consequences were of writing JJ and Prentiss out of the show. While I am happy that most of the team is back, I'm also mad that Rachel Nichols was cut just when her character was starting to gain momentum."
agreed. We all should go on twitter an show Rachel the support she needs. We need to show the CM family care about her and wishing her all the best. I am so sad about these news. She did not deserve to be in this messed up situation :-(
0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
LuvDr.Reid
LuvDr.Reid
15. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 29 2011, 8:04 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
I sent Rachel a message on Twitter saying: Hey Rachel:) Sorry about CM, but I give you best of wishes! Good luck on future things to come!
I think that Rachel deserved more but they shouldnt have brought her in in the first place. It was a HUGE mess and soooo many things were going on. But I really hope that Thomas gets a contract and Rachel gets LOTS more chances to act:))))
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
biffi
biffi
16. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 29 2011, 8:10 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2011, 8:10 PM EDT
"I sent Rachel a message on Twitter saying: Hey Rachel:) Sorry about CM, but I give you best of wishes! Good luck on future things to come!
I think that Rachel deserved more but they shouldnt have brought her in in the first place. It was a HUGE mess and soooo many things were going on. But I really hope that Thomas gets a contract and Rachel gets LOTS more chances to act:))))"
you are a class act:-). That is something that can not be said about the suits who made this horrible decision and right on her vaction. They really are classless as hell those people who made this awful decision.
I am so mad and sad about this:-(
0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Diamondback_Six
17. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 29 2011, 9:32 PM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2011, 9:37 PM EDT
Guess it's official that I'm back as a viewer, even if reluctantly--CBS did meet stated minimum terms, and even if it was only by the letter and not the spirit of them. So while the manner of Nichols' departure leaves a bad taste in my mouth, being a man of my word requires me to make good.

And the fact that her fight was never my fight, unlike AJ's and PB's... a man's gotta know his limitations, and while I'm sympathetic to her getting the same shabby treatment as our heroines, two things...
1. She shoulda known what kinda vipers she was crawling into bed with when AJ's dismissal was announced and she was brought in while it was happening.
2. I'm fresh off a fight, and not up for taking on another for a bit. OTOH, if CBS tees up something where JJ's and Prentiss's returns were in bad faith and they plan an irreversible sendoff in Season 7, it's Blip You I'm Done again, and for good.

Edit to clarify: and that covers Hotch, Reid, Morgan and Garcia too.
Todangel
Todangel
18. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 30 2011, 12:40 AM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2011, 12:40 AM EDT
Truly sorry because of Seaver.
Wanted her and Prentiss in and JJ out, but it's not my decision that counts.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

slsams
19. RE: OMFG-Seaver out, Prentiss in
May 30 2011, 4:35 AM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2011, 4:35 AM EDT
I celebrated the return of Prentiss by viewing clips of Prestiss and Rossi's interactions (YouTube). They are so enjoyable together, adding a little levity to otherwise dark moments. "Demonology" is on this afternoon--cannot wait. Emily Prentiss adds something very special to CM, and I am delighted that she will be back. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)