Discussion: Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episodeReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 11 of 11  |  Show  posts at a time
sue1313
sue1313
Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episode
Oct 12 2007, 12:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 12 2007, 12:43 PM EDT
I am looking for the song that was played at the very end of this episode, Reid is walking away from Morgan and continues on while Reid is sitting on the plane and Gideon is coming to talk to him. Please help! Thanks Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
batgurl88
batgurl88
1. RE: Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episode
Nov 12 2007, 6:52 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2007, 6:52 AM EST
Hey! I don't know if you already figured this out or not, but in the interest of being helpful, the song is 'Tears and Rain' by James Blunt. A sample is available on the music page under the songs from that episode.

Keep Smiling! ;)
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
sue1313
sue1313
2. RE: Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episode
Nov 12 2007, 10:27 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2007, 10:27 AM EST
Thanks for the information but that is not the one that is played at the very end of the show. It starts right at the end of Reid talking to Morgan and continues on in the plane while Gideon is walking up to sit down with Reid. Some of the lines are "I've no regrets, I've done my best, Where we are is right where we belong". I just love it but I have not been able to find it. Thanks so much for your help. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
batgurl88
batgurl88
3. RE: Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episode
Nov 12 2007, 12:42 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2007, 12:42 PM EST
Actually, 'Tears and Rain' IS the song played at the very end of the show when Reid gives Morgan the whistle back and Gideon talks to Reid on the plane about killing Phillip Dowd. I'm watching the ep right now.

Maybe you're thinking of the end of another episode? I don't recognize the lyrics, but best of luck finding the song!

Keep Smiling! ;)
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Bessie_Mae
Bessie_Mae
4. RE: Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episode
Nov 13 2007, 7:26 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 13 2007, 7:26 AM EST
The DVD set plays different songs in the episodes from what's played when it's aired on tv. I remember, because I loved hearing "Tears and Rain" playing at the end of LDSK, and was extremely disappointed when I got my season 1 DVD, and they played a completely different song. Changed the whole mood for me. So, it's possible it is the right episode.

Did you see the episode on DVD?
Do you find this valuable?    
batgurl88
batgurl88
5. RE: Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episode
Nov 13 2007, 8:52 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 13 2007, 8:52 AM EST
No. I'm pretty sure the episode I have is taped off of television. Weird that they would change it ('Tears and Rain' fits nicely). I've never heard of shows doing that before, but I guess they'd have their reasons... I haven't seen any of the episodes on DVD yet.

Either way, I hope you find the song you're looking for.

Keep Smiling! ;)
Do you find this valuable?    
sue1313
sue1313
6. RE: Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episode DVD
Nov 13 2007, 12:50 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 13 2007, 12:50 PM EST
Yes I did see it on DVD. Thank you. I did not know that they put different songs on the DVD. That is where I got the song from. I could not understand why people thought it was "Tears and Rain" because it so different from the one on the DVD. I wish they would list he credits for songs on the DVD. I searched iTunes trying to find the song from the DVD. Thanks so much for letting me know. I never saw this episode on TV just on the DVD. Do you find this valuable?    
sue1313
sue1313
7. RE: Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episode
Nov 13 2007, 12:53 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 13 2007, 12:53 PM EST
There is nothing better then having the DVDs. i just love watching them and when somebody reference them (like with "Dust and Ashes" you can go back and pick up the quote. I like that. I also love YouTube videos. There are so many wonderful songs that just fit the shows. Amazon.com has very good prices on the DVDs. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

megan_marie_21
8. RE: Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episode
Jan 3 2010, 1:12 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 3 2010, 1:12 PM EST
I am looking for that song to! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

ygonzales
9. RE: Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episode
Mar 31 2010, 8:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
If you are looking for that song, just play "Come Sail Away" by Styx really really slow and change the words. It is the exact same chords. Then listen to You're Beautiful" (also by James Blunt) and you will notice that it is ALSO the first part of "Come Sail Away" by Styx.

Maybe he got really stoned and accidentally played his 45 of "Come Sail Away" on 33...

???
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
sue1313
sue1313
10. RE: Song from L.D.S.K., season one at the end of episode
Apr 1 2010, 2:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2010, 2:27 AM EDT
"If you are looking for that song, just play "Come Sail Away" by Styx really really slow and change the words. It is the exact same chords. Then listen to You're Beautiful" (also by James Blunt) and you will notice that it is ALSO the first part of "Come Sail Away" by Styx.

Maybe he got really stoned and accidentally played his 45 of "Come Sail Away" on 33...

???"
Thank you so much ygonzales. I have been looking for that song since Season 1 DVD came out. I have always just loved it so much. Again, that you so much for posting this. I had given up hope of finding it.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?